Convert between fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Recognize the relationship between fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Represent quantities as ratios, fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Identify equivalent fractional parts (fractions, decimals, and percentages).
Convert given quantities into different fractional types, understanding that each manifestation is equivalent.
Convert fractions to their equivalent decimal form using division.
Reduce/Simplify, Decimal, Percentage, Convert, Divisibility, Greater than, Less than, Equal to
- Students practiced the conversion of factions to decimals and then to percentages.
- Students compared fractions and decimals to determine their value with the symbols >, <, and =.
- Students created an image on a 10x10 grid and converted the colors of their image into fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Decompose numbers to determine the relationship between two whole numbers.
Decompose numbers into factors to gain numerical insight.
Identify the greatest common factor (GCF) of two whole numbers.
Factors, Multiples, Greatest Common Factor (GCF), Reduce/Simplify, Divisible
- Student recorded all factors of a multiple to determine the greatest common factor.
- Student reduced fractions to its simplest form by dividing the fraction with the greatest common factor.