Use the coordinate plane to calculate geometric measurements.
Graph shapes on the coordinate plane with specific geometric measurements.
Determine the area of a given figure using coordinate pairs.
Problem-solve to answer measurement problems.
Coordinates, X-axis, Y-axis, Area
1. Students reviewed placing given coordinate pairs on a coordinate plane.
2. Students then calculated the area of the images created by the coordinate pairs.
Examine and identify geometric nets and their properties.
Explain how a geometric net represents a 3D figure.
Relate geometric nets to solid figures.
Represent a 3D figure using a net composed of 2D regular polygons.
Find multiple distinct geometric nets for the same figure.
Geometric net, 3D, 2D, Polyhedron, Tetrahedron, Prism, Pyramid, Faces, Vertices, Edge,
1. Students explored 3D figures and their geometric nets.
2. Students folded 2D images of geometric nets into their 3D solid figures.
3. Students explored the different possible geometric nets of the same 3D figure (tetrahedron and cube)