Use coordinates to find a location on a 3D plane.
Apply 2D understandings of graphing (x- and y-axis) to 3D representations on the coordinate plane with the introduction of the z-axis.
3D, 2D, Coordinate plane, Polyhedron, Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron
1. Students constructed a 3D plane and discussed possible points for a point on a 3D figure.
2. Students then plotted points on a coordinate plane to represent a 3D figure.
Graph absolute value equations and inequalities.
Represent absolute value equations and inequalities graphically.
Use a table of values to graph functions.
Function, Table, Graph, Slope, Substitute, Linear
1. Students discussed the relationship between x and y in an equation and a table.
2. Students learned that an absolute value equation can be represented through a graph and vice versa.
3. Students practiced identifying and matching linear graph functions and their table counterpart.