Solve arithmetic expressions that include exponents.
Use the product rule to multiply expressions with like bases (ax * ay = ax+y).
Use the quotient rule to divide expression with like bases (ax ÷ ay = ax-y).
Solve expressions using exponential rules and laws.
Exponent, Order of Operations
- were given a paper with multiple problems to work through
- worked through a few problems on a board whiteboard to explain computation process
- used the answers to solve a puzzle
Use reasoning to solve logic puzzles.
Follow given rules to solve problems.
Use the given information to determine which is not the correct answer.
- determined which facts were true/false
- used the true facts to make decisions