Recognize and construct equivalent addition and subtraction equations (showing an understanding of the equal sign).
Define an equal sign as a symbol which shows that the quantity on both sides are the same.
Understand that an equal sign can link an equation to its solution or that it can link two equations together.
· Reviewed adding two digit and one digit number.
· Reviewed subtracting two digit and one digit number.
· Given two sets of equation, students followed step by step instruction to solve the equations.
· When subtracting, students were asked to count backwards. To add they remembered to count forward.
Find the missing number:
? + 8 = 20-2
(18) = (18)
Steps to find the missing number:
1. Find out what is the complete number sentence. (the side where there was no missing number)
2. Solve the number sentence. Write the answer at the bottom of each side.
3. Look at the sign where the missing number is. Change plus to minus or minus to plus. In the given, change plus to minus.
4. Take away 8 (the given number) to 18 (the answer to 20-2). It will look like this 18-8. The answer will be (10) which is the missing (?) number.
Create 3D structures based on 2D diagrams.
Use a 2D diagram as a guide or map to build something 3D.
· Identified the 2D shapes from the given cutout.
· Put together the shapes to make 3D shape (cone)
Identify what are the other 3D shapes you can find at home.