Identify and compare 2D geometric shapes based on their attributes, regardless of orientation or size.
Identify basic 2D shapes and their defining attributes (rhombus, parallelogram, hexagon, and octagon).
Identify the number of sides, number of corners (vertices), and side lengths of shapes.
Identify basic geometric shapes that best represent real-world objects.
Vertices, Sides, corners
Students identified presented shapes.
- Students identified the number of sides and vertices while they sort the shape toys/bean bags.
- From an array of pictures, students graphed the number of different shapes.
- Students were described the attributes of the shapes and then they are to identify what shapes is described from the choices.
Construct basic geometric shapes.
Draw squares, rectangles, circles, triangles, rhombus, parallelograms, hexagons, and octagons.
squares, triangle, rhombus, hexagon, octagon
Students were given a geoboard to show different shapes.
- Students created shapes using popsicle sticks and playdoh.
- Given only specific numbers of playdoh balls and popsicle sticks, student would have to make their own shapes.