Create 3D structures based on 2D diagrams.
Use a 2D diagram as a guide or map to build something 3D.
Use directional language to help describe how the 3D and 2D representations are the same (in the picture the red block is in front of the blue block).
2D, 3D shapes, cylinder, cube, sphere, cone,
- Students differentiated shapes (cylinder, cone, sphere, cube)
- Matched geometric net (2D shape to 3D shape)
- Searched for 3D shapes on our shelves and draw it under the column of cylinder, sphere, cube and cone)
- Matched 2D shapes to real life 3D items.
Techniques and Formulas
Explore the concept of perimeter using blocks.
Perimeter, centimeter blocks, cubes
- Given diffent sizes of squares and measure it with centimeter blocks.
- Counted the centimeter blocks to find the perimeter. She wrote the right answer including the unit.