Use reasoning to solve logic puzzles.
Use the given information in a problem to identify the correct answer.
Use the given information to determine which is not the correct answer.
Think outside of the box to solve problems.
Follow given rules to solve problems.
logic puzzle, clue,
- solved logic puzzles using clues and the process of elimination.
- completed the Tower of Hanoi using three, four, and five discs.
Work with equal groups of numbers to gain foundations for multiplication (repeated addition).
Write an addition equation to express the sum of equal addends.
Set the foundation for later exploration of multiplication (i.e. 2+2+2+2 =? How many 2s did you add? When you add 4 number 2s together, what do you get?)
Use addition to find the total number of objects in an array.
repeated addition, multiplication, array, skip counting
- wrote a multiplication and repeated addition equation when given a picture of fish in an array.
- used repeated addition to solve multiplication problems.
- noticed the pattern of skip counting when doing repeated addition