Use arithmetic to define a sequence and calculate the next unit in a series.
Study a given arithmetic sequence to determine what rule explains the sequence (i.e., 2-4-6-8-10…each number is the sequence gets bigger by 2).
Write an arithmetic rule to explain a given sequence.
Understand that a pattern can be described by stating the rule that it is following.
Sequence, Rule, Pattern
- analyzed arithmetic sequences to determine the number pattern
- stated the rule for the arithmetic sequence
- created arithmetic sequences following a given rule
Create 3D structures based on 2D diagrams.
3D, 2D diagram, above, below, left, right, rotate
- built 3D structures by looking at a 2D image
- built a 3D a structure using foam shapes and explained how they built it using directional language (type of shape and positioning of shapes) so their partner could replicate their structure
- used rubberbands to create shapes on a geoboard matching the dimensions shown on a 2D diagram