Use arithmetic to define a sequence and calculate the next unit in a series.
Study a given arithmetic sequence to determine what rule explains the sequence (i.e., 2-4-6-8-10…each number is the sequence gets bigger by 2).
Write an arithmetic rule to explain a given sequence.
Understand that a pattern can be described by stating the rule that it is following.
Sequence, Rule, Pattern
- looked at number sequences and figured out the next numbers in the sequence
- defined a rule for each sequence
- created their own number sequence following a rule generated by rolling a die
Create 3D structures based on 2D diagrams.
Use a 2D diagram as a guide or map to build something 3D.
Use directional language to help describe how the 3D and 2D representations are the same (in the picture the red block is in front of the blue block).
2D diagram, 3D
- recreated photo representations using 3D shapes
- described the positioning of the 3D shapes to match the 2D diagram