Construct and read simple graphs from given information to solve problems.
Become familiar with the vocabulary associated with graphs: unit, scale, title and labels.
Understand that a graph is a visual representation of data.
Construct and read a histogram.
Understand that histograms help to measure the frequency of data ranges.
Data, Histogram, Frequency, Bar Graph
- Carefully through pennies and separated them by decades.
- Counted the amount of pennies found within each decade and used tally marks to record the frequency.
- Used the information in the table to create a histogram, with scaled units.
- Answered statistical questions based on their findings.
- Compared and contrasted histograms to bar graphs, noting their similarities but focusing on the differences.